Re: [DML] Radio bracket from DMC Houston...

Re: [DML] Radio bracket from DMC Houston...

Can anyone say what the exact measurements of the DIN opening on the Houston
bracket are? There is a chance that Houston made theirs according to the
DIN standard and it is a few various radio manufactures who are at fault for
making their radios too large. For example, my Alpine came with an outer
sleeve that I didn't use. So which part of the radio fits the DIN
standard -- the radio itself or the optional outer sleeve?

If I hear that the Houston DIN opening is indeed too small -- that coupled
with the fact that they don't even paint it would make me not want to bother
with buying one. Perhaps they will get busy and at least start painting
them.

BTW, what happened to the parts-for-sale area of the Mid-Atlantic DMC site?
I can understand them not wanting to sell brackets to compete with Houston,
but what happened to all the other cool stuff like the stainless steel
braded brake lines & such?