new owner!

Hi everybody,
Well, I finally own a DeLorean! Vin #SCEDT26T5BD003810. It is a
September 1981 (September 15th according to the writing under the
headliners) with black leather and a 5 speed trans. The interior is
perfect. The frame is perfect except for a very very small bit of
rust on the front, but the shock towers are all fine. I picked it up
in Pennsylvania on Saturday, and it drove the 340 miles home to
Boston no problem. Even we sitting in traffic for the George
Washington bridge in NY for about 1 hour, the car never even came
close to overheating. It barely even got to the halfway mark on the
temp gauge. Does this sound about right?
The car has 12,000 miles since new. All the gauges work, including
the speedo!, but the fuel gauge never reads full, even after a
fillup. Is this something tankzilla would fix? Other things include a
small bit of noise off the fuel pump when the gas tank is less than
half full. Also, the electric windows go up and down fine, except
that the motor does not stop turning when the window closes, so if I
don't take my finger off the button, the gears will grate off each
other. Is there a fix for this?? Jobs to be done over the next few
weeks include getting PJ Gradys lowering kit with the nitrogen
shocks, and eventually all the zilla products when I save up the
money! And of course taking care of the rusty bit on the front of the
frame...
I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at car shows over the
summer, and of course in Memphis in June.
Best wishes,
John Dore, in Boston, MA.