Re: A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boot)

Re: A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boot)

A whistling alternator is a sign of it going bad....think of it as
a "warning" whistle. A good alternator should not whistle, one that
is about to quit will.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Andrew Smith <aos+yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
> All my previous questions have been answered so well, so I have
returned
> with another! :)
>SNIP<
> and around 13 with everything on. The alternator is making a
strange
> whistling noise, though, but only while under load. The frequency
> increases as the engine speed does. It's definitely not a
screeching from
> a loose belt. I'm hoping/assuming (perhaps stupidly) that this
noise is
> just normal for this alternator. We'll see if the belt lasts I
guess. :)

> Now, the second part of my post. Yesterday I hardwired my
Valentine 1