Re: [DML] the aversion to customizing?

There is really such a duality when it comes to original versus modify with DeLoreans...

I am all for updating the DeLorean, and fixing its weak areas, and making it making it safer, more reliable, fun car to drive. I hate it that so many DeLoreans are stashed away in barns and garages, and are rarely/never driven. They were meant to be driven! And people always just love seeing your car when you take it out and drive it. I applaud those who are coming out with improved fixes, and performance parts for the DeLorean. These things help our cars stay on the road!

I think the real aversion to customizing here on the list has to do with drastic cosmetic modifications that aren't easily undone. I am very against customizing in that way. The DeLorean is a 20 year old collector car... why butcher it? There has been a declining number of nice condition, good running DeLoreans ever since DMC went under. This may seem to contradict my earlier point, but I guess I am like most people on the list... updating and modifying the car mechanically is GREAT... but why not keep the integrity of the cars original appearance? I think it looks cooler than any other car on the road just as it is :-).
Louie #10115

It's not too late to get your 1/18 scale Diecast DeLorean model! To order, call 800/USA-DMC1 or visit our online store at http://www.delorean.com