Re: brake fluid leakage

There should be NO brake fluid leakage under any conditions, hot or
cold, storage or use. In the event of ANY leakage noticed by either
the level going down or signs of leakage it must be taken seriously
and fixed as soon as possible. Examine each caliper, hose, and brake
line. Inspect the master cylinder and if you don't see any external
leaks inspect the inside of the vacuum hose at the power brake
booster. Bleed the brakes and only use Castrol GTLMA DOT 4 Brake
fluid. It needs to be changed every 2 years as per the owner's manual.
If the level is going down take that as a warning to go over one of
the most important systems of any car (Steering to be the MOST
important.)
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Hank Eskin" <heskin@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've begun to notice that when my D sits for more than a week
(usually
> two weeks during the winter), I'm losing a bit of brake fluid. I
check it
> every time I take the car out (since my float broke last year), and
I have