winter brake fluid leakage update

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone who responded about my cold-weather brake fluid
leakage. Taking advantage of the 60 degree weather today, I went out to
solve some winter issues with my D. It appears that the leak is definitely
coming from where the reservoir is bolted to the power assist booster. And
as expected, the top edge of the fuel tank is "wet" (more like a thin sludge
coating). I checked for signs of the brake fluid affecting the frame
epoxy, and sure enough, along the left edge (see photos) where the lower
panel bolts to the frame, the epoxy is starting to wrinkle and has come off
on just the edge...but no rust yet. Also, there appears to be some slight
epoxy wear on the rear right corner of the panel.

Now, two questions: First, what needs to be fixed to stop the leak? Do I
need to replace the entire master cylinder/reservoir/booster? Is there just
a gasket to be replaced? Something in between?

Second, what should I do to fix the areas of epoxy deterioration? (I'll
search the archives, too). Can I just onbolt the lower panel, and clean up
the affected areas and re-epoxy? (Of course, I remember reading about the
POR-15 product, which I'll also search for). Is this something I can do
myself in a day or so, or is it going to be a much more involved project?

Here are some photos:
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/frame1.JPG
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/frame2.JPG
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/frame3.JPG (notice the epoxy deterioration
abruptly stops here, the next section is clean - but a little blurry).
http://www.eskin.net/delorean/frame4.JPG

Thanks,

-Hank #1619