Grease

In the electronics world there are some interesting compounds, among
these there is a very special silicone grease. Actually this grease is
offered as a heat-sink compound for mounting transistors but it's also
the very best lubricant of it's type I've yet encountered. By General
Cement, GC number is 10-8101 (formerly 8101S) available at electronics
parts houses. There are two types of heat-sink compound, this one is
sort of clear looking, the other one, which is used most often, is a
white pasty looking stuff, no lubricating qualities, don't get that one.

Where this would apply is anywhere regular grease just doesn't seem to
work. I first got onto it while rebuilding a Corvair turbo, the carbon
seal just wouldn't go into place, in desperation I tried some of this
and it slipped right in. Since then, much like WD-40, there have been
many places to use this grease. I do a lot of ink-jet printer repair,
particularly HPs, they sometimes make so much gear noise and racket you
think they need to be junked...not so, a little of this magic grease on
the bar and it quiets down and works like new.

The throttle spool discussion started this but anywhere you think you
have a lubrication problem, something sticking, something that just
doesn't go together right, try this magic grease. I guarantee you're
gonna love it and wonder how you got by so long without it.

Les