RE: [DML] Custon Cd Changer

I keep seeing these posts appear every so often and it makes me wonder.
Why beat up your interior to install a cd changer? I mean there is at
least 2 very good spots inside the car to install on besides the obvious
trunk.

I have mine installed in the glove box. It is a 6 disc Alpine changer
that fits very well inside with only one hole to drill, and that is in
the bottom of the box. I even still have room for my owners manual.

The other is the storage bin behind the drivers seat. Granted it is not
as accessible while driving, but if you add a 10-12 disc changer, you
won't be in a hurry to change anyway. (Now I never put mine in there but
have talked to other owners who have, I assume different brands will fit
there).

I went with the glove box for one simple reason -- less to mess with.
All I had to do was drill one small hole in the bottom of the box to
allow the cable to run to the Alpine head unit I have installed. Plus
the travel distance is only about a foot or so from the box to the
radio.

Not to blast the conversion jobs out there, I Love creative playing with
ones DeLorean, just giving the ones who have not tackled this project
yet some options.

Jack & Virginia Stiefel
1981 DeLorean Vin 3461 August 1981 Build (Ours)
http://www.sacketmansion.com/delorean
1988 Jaguar XJS-C V-12 (Mine) http://www.sacketmansion.com/jaguar
2001 PT Cruiser (Hers)
Visit us at http://www.sacketmansion.com