Re: [DML] Delorean on TV

To All,

I have already received several phone calls since my appearance on Legends
Of The Road last night on ESPN II and would like to add some comments. My
carrier background is in the field of broadcast TV, network operations (NBC,
CBS, ABC, PBS). When the production crew arrived at our facility to video
tape our segment of the show I had serious reservations concerning the
quality of the final product. I decided that I would not publicize my
appearance based on my first impressions.

When the show first aired late last year my thoughts of a low budget non
professional look became a reality. What annoyed me the most is that when
the production crew arrived my son Alan and I were working in our shop, when
I suggested that I change out of my work clothes I was told that the camera
would not see me below the waist. Not so! So there I am on national TV with
my nice green DeLorean sweat shirt and a pair of dirty shabby work shorts.
Very unflattering.

We had also suggested that it might be of interest for video to be included
of a partially disassembled DeLorean in our shop showing the fiberglass
underbody; that was never shot. Now for the good part.

With the exception of the questionable video, audio, and graphic's the show
was pretty dam good. There was lots of good POSITIVE information discussed
without all of the negative comments concerning the man and his business
ethics. The most important comment was that good DeLoreans sell for $25,000.
I'd like to finish with commenting that Ben Davis did a great job on his
segment of the show.

If enough of you are interested in copy's of the show I'll make them
available at our web store sometime in the near future.

BTW: Thanks to all of you who called or e-mailed me this morning with all of
your very positive comments.

Regards,
DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp@xxxx