Re: No first gear

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Ryan McCaffrey" <ryanjm@xxxx> wrote:

>... I can't shift into first. Every other gear is perfectly
> fine, but no first. ... The only thing they installed that
> was transmission-related were transmission mounts

It sounds to me like you just need to adjust the shifter linkage.
Your shift pattern is likely a little too close to the driver's side.
Shifting the pattern towards the passenger side by about one turn on
the linkage adjustment is probably about all it would take for the
sifter to slip through the gate cleanly.

The likely reason this occurred is that with your new transmission
mounts, your tranny is positioned slightly differently relative to
your shifter and your lingkage needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Knut