Re: Coolent loss

I too had a leak on the hose that connects to the "Y" pipe behind the
water pump. I was filling up the surge tank about every 3 weeks, and
had no leaks on the floor. However, when I shined a flashlight on @
the right angle, I was able to see a puddle of orange coolant on top
of the block.

Prestone makes a cooling system sealant that worked quite well on my
car. It is NOT a stop leak fix for radiators, but specificly for the
entire cooling system. The bottle istelf even states that it is for
cooling hoses, pipes, and headgaskets. I ran it in my car, and I no
longer see any coolant on the block, and the coolant level is stable.

Now I do plan on replacing these hoses, I'm just treating this as
more less as a bandage to take care of the problem for now. But since
there was a leak previously, that indicates that there is a problem
that needs to be corrected. But if you're car is a daily driver that
you DEPEND on, it may be something that you may want to look into.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"