Re: Vacuum issue? (Resolved)

If you use sparkplug wires specificly made for the PRV-6 motor, they
will have boots on top that will prevent water from entering the
sparkplug wells if seated properly.

But just incase, you may want to add a straw to your list of tools to
carry with you. One of the really big slurpee straws is perfect (just
clip the 'scoop' portion off). If you get water in the wells, you can
use the straw to remove the majority of the water in a hurry. Shove
the straw into the well, close you eyes, and exhale as hard as you
can. It's a handy item to have if you're stuck on the road, or you
can use it in the garage along with the air compressor too.

Don't feel bad though. This isn't a PRV/DeLorean only problem. I
subscribe to another list for general car repair, and have seen
reports of this happening on Toyota MR2's as well.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Ed Garbade" wrote:
> Went home last night and checked for water in the spark plug
wells. Sure enough cylinder number 6 was about 1/3 full of water. Cleaned it
out and it runs great!