Re: Factory Clock questions

The reason DMC stopped putting the clock in the console is that when
they changed from the Craig to the ASI radios the ASI had a clock in
it's display. I an guessing but probably the reason for the change was
to reduce the parts count. In most industries the "holy grail" is to
reduce the # of parts. Less parts has a magnifying effect. Less to
buy, less to spend, less to inventory, less to assemble. Short of
reducing parts count is to try to use as many of the same parts as you
can. This is probably also the reason the fuel flap came out of the
hood. Besides the Craig had problems with the display which probably
helped push the change to the ASI. DMC was probably already getting
warranty problems on the Craig back in 81.The Parts Manual should have
the vin changeover.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757