Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean Accountants AA

***** Moderator's Note *****
This is the last post on the Arthur Anderson situation.
Let's get back to the cars...
*****

David Teitelbaum wrote:
<snip>... not only did all of the [Enron] employees lose
their livelyhood, their pensions were lost too!... <snip>

This is not true. Their pensions are protected by a
federal law, the 'Employee Retirement Income Security Act'
of 1974, acronym ERISA. Every Enron employee WILL receive
their vested PENSION benefits. What many have lost is the
value of Enron stock held in their 401(K) plans. This is a
retirement savings program, totally separate from pension
benefits.
The news media has trumpeted over & over that employees
have lost their pensions, and many uninformed folks have
sadly parroted those inaccuracies. Let me repeat - IT IS NOT
TRUE THAT ENRON EMPLOYEES HAVE LOST THEIR PENSIONS!

Mike Hirko
VIN 1387