Re: [DML] Insurance...

Dear Adam,
My experience with the insurance company that I had my D
insurred with was a lot like yours. When the agent was asked what the
value of the car was, the answer was they didn't know, but it was in
the same class as the Corvette. They won't pay you what it would cost
to replace your vehicle with a similiar one. They will look at it as
a 20 year old car. You will have to prove to them what the current
price for a car like yours (condition) would cost. You may want to
get a written appraisal by someone who will be accepted as an expert
and keep that just in case.
If your D isn't your daily driver, you should look into
an "Agreed Value Insurrance" with a carrier Like Haggerty.
I use to pay $1500 per year for full coverage with the same
deductable, but this is NJ, just outside New York City.
I hope that you never have to find out what your carrier values
your car at.
Happy Motoring,
Gary masie