Engine Removal

In case you have been following my previous posts, it has become obvious to me that I need to replace my water pump. In addition to that it appears I need to check the transmision for a possible clutch replacement and as a minimum replace the following items: valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets, engine mounts, various rubber hoses, heat stove, etc...

I was discussing this with a friend and he suggested that as my list seems to be growing rapidly it may be worth considering the removal of the engine and transmission. This would make the removal, replacement, cleaning, and painting the various components easier (engine bay needs work also).

With all that in mind I searched dmcnews site and the archives to try and locate any reference material re: removal of the engine and transmission. Did find some pictures but this basically showed a removed engine and not the process (as well as no instructions).

In order to make a more informed decision, I am looking for:
- Instructions on how to accomplish this.
- Advice on how to proceed.
- Consepts/thoughts on how difficult this would be (I have a hoist).
- A kick in the head.

Thanks,
Ed Garbade
10541