Test Track Preservation Project - Calling all DMC owners and enthusiasts

Test Track Preservation Project - Calling all DMC owners and enthusiasts!

Hello all,
As you may have heard of, there is a rumour that the current tenants on the site where the old DeLorean factory was are planning to expand their business and eventually destroy the old test track in this process of re-developing the site. For those of you attended Eurofest last May, you will surely agree that if the test track is to disappear then there isn't much left of the birthplace of our DeLoreans...

A good friend of mine Ian Foster (from Northern Ireland, currently living in Hong Kong) has already taken action.
To cut a long story short - you can join us both in writing the Mayor of Belfast and the various comittees which will definitely notice our interest in preserving the Test Track. If no-one writes, then we can't be sorry later. We may not succeed in saving the Test Track, but then at least we have tried! To use Marty's words from Back to the Future - If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

If I understand Ian correct, we can have our voice heard but we have to act within 6 months! That is the absolute deadline! Time is running fast so start writing today - individuals, DMC Clubs etc.

Me and Ian suggest that the Test Track "should be preserved as part of our history and heritage" of our beloved DeLoreans - in other words, every DeLorean owner and enthusiast should be proposing that the City of Belfast should consider preserving the test-track as both an "Industrial Heritage Site," tourist attraction, and public open space/Park.

Ian has already got a polite letter back from the letter he wrote saying that all proposals would be considered.
Imagine the effect when the Mayor's office receives letters from all over the world! Its bound to have some sort of impact, and hopefully a positive one!

The Govt are undertaking a major Study in Belfast at present looking at land use issues, etc ... unfortunately the site is privately owned/leased so difficult for the Council to step on the toes of a big local employer if they did want to redevelop the track! But - we have a chance I'm sure!

I guess if there were enough letters from Individuals and DMC Clubs it may help draw their attention to the issue. The Study will be concluded in about 6 months so write now!

The adress:
F.a.o. Councilor Jim Rogers, The Lord Mayor of Belfast
C/o Members' Room,
City Hall,
Belfast,
BT1 5GS
N.Ireland.

Now, go to the DMC News vault...there you will find a drawing made by Ian - Test Track plan.

Print it, and attach it to your letter. Let's show the world that DeLorean owners CARE!

Best wishes
Mr. Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759