Trailing Arm Bolts - Coming soon

Hello List -

I have received a few inquiries concerning the status of the new TAB's
that were discussed extensively on the list. I contacted the
manufacture regarding the schedule for completion and shipping of the
order, and he got back to me today. The estimated shipping date from
the company is February 1st. The order was placed in the first week
of December, and they spent some time finalizing the engineering
definition drawings, process specification and control sheets, and the
manufacturing planning documentation. Then, the company began a two
week factory shut-down that happens every year at Christmas time, when
all the required maintenance on the machinery is done, and factory
upgrades are accomplished. The paperwork was released after they got
back to work, so we will be seeing the bolts in a few weeks. Thank
you all for your patience. Giving birth to custom designed and
manufactured bolts is a complex process.

As an aside to this message, I am a bit perplexed about the nearly 30%
of the respondents to the poll who "don't know, and don't care". In
my mind, this is not the most beneficial attitude to take regarding an
important component that can have serious safety ramifications. You
will note that, of the cars owned by people who took the time to
respond to the poll, about 1/3 have had some kind of problem, 1/3 have
been free of challenges, and 1/3 don't have a clue.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1