Re: [DML] Fuel pressure at the injectors?

Re: [DML] Fuel pressure at the injectors?

In a message dated 1/9/02 12:14:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

<< > I cannot figure out why, with minimal air-plate
> deflection, not all of the injectors fire...but deflecting the plate
> further they all fire equally.
>
> Bad Injectors? Faulty Fuel Dist.?

Eric,
I saw John Hurvey's post about your question. John has access to rebuilt
distributors and in the event that the supply of good cores become scarce, he
can help you get a functionally equivalent distributor to get you back on the
road. Looks like you've gotten a good deal of valuable information about your
problem. In any case, if at all possible avoid disassembling your
distributor. Have it rebuilt by a qualified shop only. Once you open it up
move the shims you're in trouble and there is no way that I've found for the
average owner to be able to seal it back up once it comes apart. There is no
gasket separating the upper and lower halves and it seems to use a special
sealant and the stainless steel diaphgram only . Johns web site is at
http://www.specialtauto.com.

Jim Vin 6147