Re: AC-panellight conversion (was URL request)

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> > <PROTECT YOUR A/C CONTROL PANEL BEZEL!!! >
> As a variation on the theme, I have seen a DeLorean
> with a wire wound ceramic resistor in place of the jumper.
> The purpose was to dim the lights a little so that it wouldn't
> cook the a/c bezel even at night. I don't remember the
> specs of the resistor. Has anyone else seen this?

I just searched the backissues at dmcnews.com;
it came up with a 10 ohm resistor. I also found a
warning to wrap it up in electrical tape for insulation...

On my car I have jumpered the relayslot so my panellights
are on, but DIMMED all the time; the idea with the 4 spade
relay is a nice one, but since I ALLWAYS have my lights on,
the effect is the same. Having a jumper instead of a relay
also allowed me to hook up a lightreminder-buzzer,
so I don't forget to switch them off when I turn off the ignition...

On <http://members.home.nl/delorean/relays.jpg>
you can see my setup for this jumper.

Good luck,

Jan van de Wouw