Re: SUPER WHITE HEADLIGHTS

--- In dmcnews, "Digital Devices" wrote:

> What are thoughts / feeling on this eBay auction ?

Looks ike a conversionset similar to the Xenon-lights
DMC Houston sells (I think; couldn't find it on their site...)

> Would it make a difference in heat? you know ..
> to help prevent The eyebrow effect on the front fascia?

I think these COULD make things worse; the powerrating
is the same at 55/60W, but they state the output is 90/100W.
I doubt if only the lightoutput is higher, I suspect they will get
even hotter than the bulbs allready on your car...

The "Wire Transformers" are nice, but I know from experience
that the contacts inside the OEM plug can be removed and
rearranged in the plug.
I happen to know this since over here in Europe it is illegal
to have sealed beams on your car, so I allready had converted
lights on my car when I bought it.
Unfortunately the person that conerted the lights fogot to convert
the plug, so my inner lights and the filaments for high in the outer
ones would glow a bit when I had dipped beams on and the
dipped beams weren't bright enough...
With high beams all would be OK. It's just a matter of switching
the contacts for ground and dipped beam, nothing more...

The price seems OK to me, but if you do this conversion, I would
also do the inner lights, so the glass lenses look the same, else
it would look really stupitd IMHO...

Greetings from The Netherlands,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...