Re: [DML] Fuel pressure at the injectors?

Re: [DML] Fuel pressure at the injectors?

> I cannot figure out why, with minimal air-plate
> deflection, not all of the injectors fire...but deflecting the plate
> further they all fire equally.
>
> Bad Injectors? Faulty Fuel Dist.?

Eric,
Since no one else has suggesting anything yet, I'll try to take a stab at
it. With no deflection of the air sensor plate, there should be no fuel
flowing from the injectors. So when you say minimal then define "minimal"
and also explain what kind of symptoms you are having with the way the
engine is running. I have heard that shims are used under the plunger of
the fuel distributor for adjustment. If you had shims in there before &
left them out, then perhaps there is now some slack between the air sensor
plate and the response of the fuel distributor. Since you had the
distributor off, maybe moving the gasket (or is it an O-ring?) underneath
changed the height of the distributor which could have a similar effect.

Another possibility is that you could have gunk in the distributor. Maybe
you should remove the plunger and soak the whole thing in Berrymans B12.
I've never tried anything like this, so maybe someone else can give some
better advice. I do know that fuel distributors are made with a high degree
of precision. If the plunger doesn't fit exactly right and slide freely
then you will have problems. If when playing with the distributor you
managed to drop or scratch the plunger then you really have a problem.

Walt Tampa, FL