Re: ETDOC Spring gathering

Being way up in Minnesota, there is no feasible way for me to attend
this event (but that doesn't mean I may not make a surprise appearence
in the future, as I have other "semi-surpise" visits planned for a
few other cross country events this year). But I would like to add a
comment about the feature attraction Aaron has lined up here. As you
may have heard in previous posts, this curvy road dubbed "The Dragon"
is an incredible drive. I had the opportunity to drive this road in
my D last August as I was staying with Aaron a few nights following
the Houston open house. I'm pretty sure I had every muscle in Aaron's
body very tense the way I kept whipping around those curves breaking
loose the rear end on more than one occasion. We even got some
videotape both in and out of the car on this road. Everyone within a
day's drive from this area must attend! I dont consider there to be
any option here as Aaron's events get better and better every time.
(More than I can say for my MNDMC events, come on MN guys!) I'll end
my shameless plug by telling everyone to never store your D and drive
it as often as possible (unless it has less than 1000 miles, in which
I would recommend storing it for that sake bla bla bla.)

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Aaron Posey <cadysrme@xxxx> wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> Time for yet another round of fun with the East Tennessee DeLorean
Owners Club!

> The main part of the gathering is for us to take our DeLoreans on
the curviest road in America per distance. Over 311 curves in 11
miles. It is known to all driving and biker enthusiasts as The Dragon.
We will actually drive it twice, once we reach the end, we will turn
around and do it again! What an exercise for our cars.