Re: [DML] Front Suspension Mod's

No one mentions the effects of caster, camber, or toe-in and if,in the DeLorean suspension,it changes under load. Modifying anything here may require changes elsewhere, shock dampening, spring compression rates, and so on. Different chassis setups react differently to even minor changes in any of these items. In racing it can take miles of track time to dial in a new suspension to make it react properly. I agree that the lower control arm could use some improvment but it takes a great deal of experiance to know exactly what will work and what won't. I think we have a pretty intelligent group but I wonder if any of us has enough experiance in this regard to be able to predict how any of the changes discussed will affect the handling. Simply stiffening roll isn't the total answer in setting up a suspension. You can change stress points and reduce or
eliminate any slop in the suspension but it's difficult to know just how the
handling will be effected. The overall balance of the car could change for the worse after spending a great deal of time and money.

Bruce Benson