Re: [DML] Front Suspension Mod's

Ralf - You've got a pretty clear picture of the idea. I intend to
leave the sway bar connection in place, but I will be paying close
attention to any induced loads into the frame or the lower control
arm itself. The "rigid connections" will be links that are
adjustable for length, and feature spherical rod ends with a special
low-friction liner similar to teflon, but able to withstand a much
higher bearing stress than teflon. The company that makes this
proprietary liner material has, in addition to many products in the
aerospace industry, been involved in high-performance parts for car
and boat racing. If the specific geometry of the front suspension of
our beloved "D's" will allow the addition of these links without
extremely high induced loads, I think that the handling performance
gains will be noticeable. BTW - One of my desires in posting the way
that I do is to try to get people to think, and to consider different
ideas. I appreciate the fact that you are somewhat skeptical, and I
welcome it. If all 1200 or so people that belong to the DML would
think about even one little enhancement to the car, the results would
be astounding. Keep up the good work!

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1