Re: (DML) Different tail light colors... and brake pads.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:
> [ Moderator's note: I'm a bit curious why many go to great pains to
work around simply ordering something from one of the DeLorean shops ]

> I need brake pads. Does anyone know of some pads that are readily
> available from napa or autozone or other common parts stores? I
spent a long
> time yesterday crossreferencing parts to no avail. I was told by an
autozone
> employee that RepcoParts went out of business, I also tried KEM,
Girling,
> BAP/GEON, and those MINTEX pads that were posted to the board a
while back.
> None of the parts numbers were in there.
>
> Adam 16683

Adam,
The front brake pads are a direct match to the '79 Ford Capri pads,
and the back match Porsche from Beck & Arnley. If you have a local
old time parts store they have have actual outline drawings to which
you can lay the old pads on and compare. I have used these pads with
great success.(Longer wear / Less dust) These pads will cost you
about 1/4 the price of DMC pads. This is a great reason to search
for cross referenced parts. I should have the box labels for these
pads and if you e-mail me directly at sharksigns@xxxx I will see
if I can dig them up. Hope this helps, Mark