Drive axles

While reading the Tech sessions this weekend I saw Dave Swingles
writeup on the Drive axles. I went to the page he refered to (Tom's
VW page) and was now wondering....could this be a direct replacement
for the Deorean drive axles? The one's I have are in good condition
and just need to be cleaned and re-lubed. I figured I would replace
the CV Boot on them and thought that the boots from the VW one's
would fit the Delorean. When I called the parts store for a price on
the boots the guy said that he could get me the entire VW axle
assemblies (rebuilt units) cheaper then all the boots combined and
the grease. If these are the same as the D I may just get the entire
assembly, if not then will the CV Boots from the VW work on the
Delorean?

Thanks,

Steve