Re: [DML] Accumalator

If an engine is designed to use 86 octane that's what you should use. Higher
octane fuels are blended to combust at a slower pace while lower octane
fuels burn much faster. This is opposite of what many may think. If you use
the higher octane fuel the slower combustion can, over a long period of
time, produce carbon deposits in the combustion chamber which raise the
compression ratio. Higher compression ratios require higher octane, slower
burning fuels. Therefore it's possible that your car can develop a
dependency for high octane at some point. The slow burn of high octanes is
necessary for turbo cars because the slower burn helps retard detonation
which is when combustion takes place too early and catches the piston still
trying to finish the compression cycle while the combustion is trying to
drive it back down. The higher intake temperatures that come with turbo
charging create that situation. The bottom line is you're wasting money
using higher octane fuel if your engine wasn't designed for it.

Bruce Benson