Re: torsion bar performance?

I'm not sure that I fully understand the comment about "your doors
latching now that it's cooled down", but...

The torsion bars would not be affected by the normal range of
temperatures that we experience. They are cryogenically tempered at
-230 degrees F, and aged at +780 degrees F, so the steel wouldn't even
notice a temperature change to 40 degrees F. I'm sure that everybody
on the list will recommend that you change out your "bad struts" for
some fresh ones, and then adjust the torsion bars for minimum stress,
and optimum balance. "Lower stress equals longer life" is just as
true in steel as it is in living your life.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxx> wrote:
> Do our torsion bars work better warm vs. cold?
>
> I know the struts do... but my doors will latch with my bad struts
now that it has cooled down to 40ish.