Re: [DML] Accumalator Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:59:37 +0100

Re: [DML] Accumalator Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:59:37 +0100

Adam and anyone else,
You are wrong on the octane subject. Remember that the car was made in
Europe and the specs for the engine are based on European standards. The are
two different methods for the octane rating. That 91 refers to the "research
method" which is used in Europe and it equals to about 86 using the "R+M/2
method" used in US.
If you go to ANY gas station in US there is a yellow sticker on the pump
that has the octane rating and method for that rating. In US it is R+M/2
method.
So, for all you guys in US - the DeLorean engine is rated for 86 octane gas
and it really doesn't do much good to use the more expensive premium (well,
maybe for the owner of the gas station it does). It's just more expensive.
On the other hand, if your car seems to run bad on the 87 octane gas it
means that it might need a tune-up because there is something wrong going
on.
I always use 87 gas in my D and it always starts at the touch of the key and
runs beautifully.

Take care everyone!
Tom Niemczewski
tomciodmc@xxxx - tomciodmc'AT'poczta.onet.pl