Re: [DML] Accumalator

In a message dated 12/10/01 11:18:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nick@xxxx writes:

<< Then after about 20 miles the car on acceleration seemed to start bucking
around, (like it was out of petrol), and it has continued to do so since. (it
does it from start up now) >>
Nick,

It sounds to me like you are sucking up air in the fuel tank and thats
where the "bucking" is coming from. Do you notice this happens more with a
half a tank or less? Is the suction hose inside the tank the original one
thats known for collapsing? Thats the first place I would look for the fuel
problem.

And about the alternator. Maybe the belt is loose and when shifting gears or
slowing down, the lower RPMs of the engine is making the alternator not turn
as fast and if the belt is loose then the belt will be slipping off the
alternator pulley causing the voltage will drop. Do you notice the belt
squealing at all? Hope that helps at all.

Later,
Nick Pitello
1852
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548";>Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>