Buying a De Lorean

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Local regional DeLorean clubs are usually a great sourcefor information about experiences with local service centers. In your area, you might consider contacting Ken Montgomery of the Northern-California DeLorean Club. There are some links to clubs available on the DMCNews web site.]

All,

I'm in the market for a new De Lorean, and am evaluating a couple in my
local area (SF Bay Area). I love these cars and have wanted to get one for
years. However, if I get one now it is likely to be in very regular use --
at least every 2 days or so. To this end, I'm very concerned about a
getting a car which doesn't have a large base of available mechanics to work
on it :)

So, a question I'm hoping someone here can help me with... where can I
take a De Lorean to be repaired mechanically? Shipping it to the Houston
DMC factory every time repairs are needed is obviously not a suitable
option. If anyone knows any specifically De Lorean-certified dealers or
mechanics in the greater San Francisco Bay Area (even Sacramento area if
needed), I'd very much appreciate some names. Otherwise, what are other
owners doing for mechanical work?

Any help appreciated. And thanks!

--Dan

----
Dan Trimble, MAIP
International eBusiness Consultant -- Independent

Strategy | Marketing | Product Development

* what is the vision and product line?
* how do we build it effectively?
* how do we market it to customers, investors and partners?
* how do we go from here to there?

415.762.9249 ? dan@xxxx
2995 Woodside Road, Suite 400-509
Woodside, CA 94062