Re: Low Gas Light

If you still have the OEM sender unit don't trust the level indication
and don't expect the low level light to work or be accurate. If you
want something that you can trust you can't even fuss with it to get
it to work as it isn't reliable. As of this point in time the only
sure way to fix the fuel indicator once and for all is to get a
Tankzilla. Yes it is expensive but so is running out of gas. It is
VERY easy to install and has an excellent warranty. The only complaint
I have ever heard about it is the price. The warning is supposed to be
enough so you can get to the next gas station unless you are in the
middle of a desert. I always use the trip odometer to cross-check
against the fuel gauge. A little habit I picked up from flying. There
are still a ridiculus amount of forced landings due to fuel
starvation, that is what killed John Denver!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Willie Mack" <wmack@xxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know at what level the low gas light is
> suppose to come on?

[moderator snip]