[DML] Re: Low Gas Light

My personal experience:
The OEM fuel sender has a wire that broke causing the float to jam. This
wire is one of the conductors that operate the low fuel warning light. If
your light never comes on, then maybe this wire is broken. I hear that many
OEM fuel senders have this happen. If you are having problems with yours,
then John Hervey is the man to send it to for repair if you don't opt for
the TankZilla.

With my new TankZilla, the low fuel light tends to start flickering on at
around 1/8th of a tank.

Several times I have purposely ran my DeLorean out of fuel. For city
driving, you have plenty of warning because the fuel sloshes away from the
baffle causing the fuel pump to suck air. The car bucks, and you may hear a
farting/gurgling noise as the bubbles run through the fuel lines. The last
time I ran my car out of fuel, I drove around 30 miles from the time it
started bucking to the time where it was sucking enough air that I stopped
because I was worried that I might damage the fuel pump running it dry. So
I confidently say that these cars give plenty of warning before they totally
run dry. But that is for city driving where you have plenty of stops &
starts to cause the baffle to momentarily run dry. Highway driving probably
wouldn't give you the same warning.

Walt Tampa, FL