Re: [DML] logos & copyrights

Murray,
Removing the DMC logo from the grille is pretty easy. It comes off without
leaving any noticeable holes because the holes are in the deep recesses.
The logo is held on with 3 pins that penetrate the grille and are held on
with one-time-use spring washers. By this I mean that you have to destroy
the washers to get them off. (I'm not sure what the proper name for them
are, but it is a common item in auto parts stores.)

Once removed, there was a slight weather print where the logo had protected
the area of the grille beneath it. That is strange because it is the only
part of my exterior that shows any weather damage, so I'm pretty sure this
came from a different car and that mine had been wreaked on the front by a
previous owner. (My fascia had been repainted, too.) I have since bought a
NOS grille on eBay that came without the logo and is also conveniently
missing the 3 mounting holes. So when I put that on, the mystery will be
complete (at least on the front).

I watched (through a restaurant window) as 3 old ladies walk around my car
several times trying to figure out what kind of car it was. After a few
passes, one of them saw the dark name on the bumper. Even then they were
not sure. The last one of them shrugged as she walked away.

It is these finer things in life that I enjoy. One day I'm going to hide a
microphone on my car and record what people say. I'll put the better
comments on a list and post them for everyone to see. It never ceases to
amuse me what the common expert has to say about my car.

Walt Tampa, FL