Re: [DML] Lee Seiler, models and trademark usage

Re: [DML] Lee Seiler, models and trademark usage

***** Moderator's Note *****
This ends the trademark and logo discussion.

*****

This is absolutely, unequivocally incorrect on SEVERAL POINTS.
The only 'unnamed third party' that I can even think that Lee might
be referring to is Ken Montgomery, Lee's 'point man' on the
model project. I *never* told Ken that we would withdraw
approval of the logo usage or attempt to block the completion of
the models in any way. Never.

I have teased Ken about the entire model project, and I know
both he and Lee feel bad that the project has drawn out for so
many years now. It's my understanding that personal events in
Lee's and Ken's live have pushed back the timeframe. That's life,
things happen and I don't think for an instant that either of them
have put anything less than their best efforts into this.

At the time Lee started this project, back in 1997 or 1998,
DeLorean Motor Company did not have the rights to use the logo
(apparently no one did). Lee's model project started before I was
working for DeLorean Motor Company, and nothing was ever
written as we had no rights to the logo. Nevertheless, after a
quick phone conversation with Lee this afternoon, we've gone
ahead and begun proceedings to give him whatever he feels he
needs to finish the models.

There was never any conversations with Lee or Ken about the
trademark usage on the model or keys at the NCDMC event
because we never considered there to be any problem with
Lee's use of it. Both the keys and models are very high quality
products.

I don't recall the conversation with Lee about his keys and
neither does Stephen. We have every intention of continuing to
use him as a supplier for the molded head keys for the
foreseeable future.

For everyone's reference, if you ever have a question about
anything relating to DeLorean Motor Company, I invite you to give
me a call. All of this misunderstanding could have been avoided
with a phone call.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas