logos & copyrights

The previous message from Lee Seiler brings up some interesting questions.
This might be a question for Wayne Ernst to answer: Since the second batch
of Colgan Custom nose bras have the "DeLorean" name embossed in the center
front, did they have permission to use this?

I also remember reading on the DML about a T-shirt design contest. DMC
Houston's response was that as long as it was "done in good taste" that no
licensing was necessary. Has this changed now?

This reminds me of a similar situation concerning Ford Motor Company.
Someone was making stainless steel reproduction hub caps for Model A Fords
that contained the cursive "Ford" logo. Ford didn't like this and made them
stop. They tried to get permission to use the logo, but Ford wasn't
cooperating. Their answer to the problem was to change the spelling on
their reproduction hubcaps to "Food". Seriously! I'm not making this one
up.

I'm not into logos anyway. I removed the DMC logo from my front grille
because I think it looks better without it. If there is going to be a name
on my grille, it will be MY name because it is MY car. It no longer is
property of DeLorean Motor Company. It is real funny to see people walk
around my car and ask, "What's that?" Then they read the license plate,
WATSDAT and they get a good laugh. I have been thinking of ways to remove
the DeLorean name from my rear bumper. If I ever have to repaint it, the
recessed letters are going to be filled in.

Walt Tampa, FL