Re: [DML] Turbocharging (WAS: Houston HiPo)

Re: [DML] Turbocharging (WAS: Houston HiPo)

Actually I think you need to know which direction you intend to go with
engine modifications up front. Turbos would require going a different
direction regarding cams, compression ratios, exhaust flow and ignition. I
don't think the Houston engine would benefit from a turbo because their
direction for increasing horse power and torque, while great and
accomplishing what they intended it to do, wouldn't be the best approach for
super charging. I've had a turbo for years and it has required periodic
tinkering. I enjoy it ( I like to tinker ) but the Houston engine is very
close to the original regarding reliability.

Bruce Benson