      1. Re: TA Bolts...an end?
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "Digital Devices" <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: fjk143@xxxxxxx
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: fjk143@xxxxxxx
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. DeLorean Car Show Web Page
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
     14. TA Bolt Failure Experience
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Re: TA Bolt questions
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Re: NJ owners?
           From: Ebe5173@xxxxxxx
     17. Passing this along: Rear facia for sale
           From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm@xxxxxxxx>
     18. Headlight Switch Follow Up.
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
     19. Re: DeLorean Car Show Web Page
           From: wingd2@xxxxxxx
     20. Re: Headlight Switch Follow Up.
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. DeLorean in Forbes magazine
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
     22. Re: Re: Gearboxes!
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: Turbocharging (WAS: Houston HiPo)
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. Bosch Fuel Injection Systems
           From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: Turbocharging (WAS: Houston HiPo)
           From: William T Wilson <fluffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:02:30 -0000
   From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: TA Bolts...an end?

IMHO the problems are related to mileage, environmental conditions,
and driving style. Since the majority of owners are not the origional
purchesors you really don't know how the car was driven and stored.
Consider the TAB'S like an old radiater hose, do you really want a 20
old part in a critical position? The cost isn't so great as to be a
deterrent so just change them out. For the time and trouble it takes
to inspect them they could just be replaced. In the not too distant
past spark plugs were removed, cleaned, regapped and reinstalled. It
became apparent that since most of the cost is in the labor it was
cheaper to just stick in new ones! Either get Toby's bolts or get them
from a Delorean vender but for piece-of-mind at least inspect them!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx> wrote:
> After I replace my TA bolts, Toby is setting me up with a 747 jet
engine
> to install in my Delorean.  I'm expecting 0 to 60 even faster than
the
> Turbo DMC.  Does anyone want to help?  I'm not sure if I can lift
the
> entire engine by myself... many times.
>
> Anyways, does anyone think that there is a relationship between
> manufacture time and TA bolt failure; ie, did different batches fare
> better than others?
>
> Jim
> 153zoom7
>

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:32:17 -0000 tobyp@xxxx writes:
> > Les - As I suggested in my previous posting, a survey of the
'fleet'
> > would be a grand idea.  All we need is some guidance on how to
> > accomplish it.  As far as your figures are concerned, if the
> > percentage of "imperfect" bolts (whatever that means) is as high
as
> > 50%, we have a great deal of "worrying" to do.  Keep in mind my
> > perspective ... on one car (mine) I had one break completely, and
> > the
> > other was significantly bent.  And, when we looked at another
small
> > group of cars, over 1/3 of the bolts were bent. As I mentioned in
my

> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Message: 2
Never mind the 747 engine, I just want to be the first to order the
"Hover Conversion"! I hope after DMC Houston gets done with Stage III
they could offer it as "Stage IV". Then you wouldn't worry about TAB's
anymore!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx> wrote:
> After I replace my TA bolts, Toby is setting me up with a 747 jet
engine
> to install in my Delorean.  I'm expecting 0 to 60 even faster than
the
> Turbo DMC.  Does anyone want to help?  I'm not sure if I can lift
the
> entire engine by myself... many times.
>
> Anyways, does anyone think that there is a relationship between
> manufacture time and TA bolt failure; ie, did different batches fare
> better than others?
>
> Jim
> 153zoom7
>

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:32:17 -0000 tobyp@xxxx writes:
> > Les - As I suggested in my previous posting, a survey of the
'fleet'
> > would be a grand idea.  All we need is some guidance on how to
> > accomplish it.  As far as your figures are concerned, if the
> > percentage of "imperfect" bolts (whatever that means) is as high
as
> > 50%, we have a great deal of "worrying" to do.  Keep in mind my
> > perspective ... on one car (mine) I had one break completely, and
> > the
> > other was significantly bent.  And, when we looked at another
small
> > group of cars, over 1/3 of the bolts were bent. As I mentioned in
my

> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Message: 3