Re: Fender fixed, now what

I had a lot of scratches on my car when I first got it too. I used #80
grit sandpaper then #120 and then finished it off with the "blending
pad" I got from a Delorean vendor (they are courser than you generally
can find localy). I also did it without the #120 grit going right into
the blending pad. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you control the stroke and
pressure as you are scratching the surface and if you don't "grain" it
straight you have to start all over. On flat surfaces use a short
piece of 2x4 to have even pressure. Don't ever push hard on the hood.
Finish up with the S/S cleaner (the expensive spray can). After that a
little Windex and you can win the next Concours! It is a lot of work
to do it by hand, the Delorean shops have power tools that make it
easier and faster, but it can be done by hand. If you do a panel you
must do the entire panel to make it even and as you do one you will
find yourself going around the car a panel at a time. Take your time
and the car can look like new! You can start with the #60 and if you
don't like it just go over it with #80 or #100.
David Teitelbaum