Re: [DML] Re: TA Bolt questions

Toby and group, I talked to an applications engineer today at SPS
Technologies, these are the same people who made the torsion bar for the
doors. He is also a car
buff and he understood what I was talking about on the TAB bolts. One of his
comments to me was, if you up grade to the 12.9 bolts which has 15% more
tensile strength, wouldn't it be better if something has to bend a little, it
would be the bolt and not the frame or any of the parts around it. He said
that what was making it bend has to be transferred to something. With some
good plating and baking would make them almost bullet proof for life. Yes,
they could bend a little under certain conditions, but wouldn't any part and
if were going to push the car to these limits, then the whole suspension
system should be reworked. I took a bolt out of one of cars that is a turbo
and it had a slight bend and slight rust. It was unplated and was in a car
with about 85,000 miles and a Turbo.
I guess for about $5.00 to $8.00 dollars for the 12.9 bolt, plated . Why
couldn't they be replaced every now and then if you didn't feel good about
them. My 11004 with 55,000 miles still has the original bolts and I'm not the
lightest on the gas peddle.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/