Re: Auto Trans Fluid Changes...

The correct procedure for checking the fluid level is in the Workshop
Manual G:04:02. I would also add that before checking move the gear
selector through all positions. As for finding the exact mark, I first
remove the dipstick and wipe it off. Then I reinsert, wait about 2
seconds and remove holding the dipstick horizontal. Look at both sides
for the first dry spot from the bottom, this is the level in the
trans. It is BAD to be too high or too low. Don't forget on automatics
you also must check the level in the final drive. Refer to G:05:01
for the correct procedure to do that. Without dismantling the trans
about all you can remove is 2 qts.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757