Re: climate control not funtioning properly

Re: climate control not funtioning properly

The two most obvious things to check are the vacuum hose that runs
from the engine to the vacuum reservoir to the mode switch and the
mode switch. Refer to N:01:02 and on in the Workshop manual. My guess
is that the hose comming from the engine got knocked off. (It's really
easy to do as there is little room to work in that area and it is hard
to see). If your vacuum hoses are hard and brittle just replace them
all. A vacuum leak affects idle quality, fuel mileage, engine life,
and power.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxx> wrote:
> I have found that it seems I have no vacuum control of my climate
control system. When I switch to defrost it still blows in my face. It
seems I am getting no vacuum functions, but everything is hooked up
properly. Any ideas?