Re: Engine Help $$$$

If as you say it was running good and then bad and then good after you
messed with the mixture screw, the mixture screw can't adjust itself
so you have compensated for a change in the mixture by adjusting it. I
believe the problem is the lambda system as if it isn't running it
results in a lean mixture which you corrected for by turning the
mixture screw. You should hear a loud buzzing noise comming from the
right valve cover. If you don't, check the lambda relay and fuse #7.
You really shouldn't mess with the mixture screw, try to put it back
to the adjustment it was before and make sure you have the hole above
it plugged securely (No vacuum leaks). The most likely is a failed
lambda relay and they aren't expensive but make sure the fuse hasn't
blown just in case. Refer to workshop manual D:04::04 to 15 for
placement of components, specs, and troubleshooting. Since you are a
new owner a workshop manual and parts manual will become your best
friend so if you don't have them you should order them with your parts
order. Even if you can't understand them having them so your mechanic
can refer to them will save him time and you $$$$. The fuel system is
one of the more compicated systems and most mechanics are not familiar
with the Bosch K-Jetronic.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757