Engine Help $$$$

Since shortly after I purchased my DeLorean back at the end of
September, I started having engine trouble. It ran fine during the
test drive so I even drove it home from Chicago to Missouri.
Sadly, one of the reasons I bought it was because it ran well. At
least it lasted for the trip home! Since then the engine has had
trouble idling and won't accelerate -- The engine will not idle when
cold, and the engine tries to cut out and die rather than speeding up
when the accelerator is pressed. The problem seems worse when the
engine is cold, but now I can't get it running long enough to get it
warm so that I can double check. When it is completely cold, it will
start and run great for about 5 seconds and then it dies. I can hold
down slightly on the air metering flap and it will idle.
Unfortunately, once the engine gets luke warm, if it dies then it
won't restart. At this point, playing with the air metering flap
seems to have no effect. The last time I was actually able to get the
engine completely warm without killing it, it ran fairly well; it was
drivable. I have fuel pressure sending units hooked up now and the
fuel pressure (both primary pressure and control pressure) look fine.
The primary was about 72psi and the control pressure slowly climbed
in pressure at a rate that appeared to be in spec with what is printed
in the workshop manual. I also have a new control pressure regulator.
With the correct fuel pressures, the initial push-on-flap-for-idle
problem suggests maybe a vacuum leak. However, this does not coincide
with the luke-warm engine no-start problem. I'm stumped. I can't
imagine what would cause the symptoms I am seeing. Perhaps I have
more than one problem? Having just spent around $16000 for the car
and various parts in the past 1 1/2 months, I only have about $1500
more I can spend to get the engine running again. Is this enough to
send the car to DMC Houston? Anyone want to stop by Columbia, MO, and
get my engine running properly for $1500? I might could swing $2000,
but it would be difficult with X-mas coming up soon. I HATE fixing
these types of engine problems! Help! I have already put
probably one hundred hours of work into this and other problems so
far, and I was hoping I would actually get to drive this car some day.
After $16000 and 100 hours, a pretty garage ornament is just not
satisfying. I am beginning to think maybe I should have just bought a
Corvette! At least I would be driving it by now! Anyone have any
advice?

Thanks,

Scott Arnold