Re:New Manuals - was New Magazine

In a message dated 11/7/01 4:42:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pbmain@xxxx writes:

> I'd rather buy a book and use it as a general repair
> reference, THEN hunt down the latest information and products through
> literature from the DMCHoustons, PJGradys, SpecialTAuto, DMCJoe, and
> the web in general... rather than subscribe to some overpriced
> magazine for years hoping they decide to run an article on how to
> check trailing arm bolts or repair a fuel sender. At least now when
> the daily repeated question comes up, we can say "buy this book -
> it'll explain a lot", and people won't be having the same questions
> over and over again on the net...
>
> Just an idea...maybe a team of dedicated owners could even come
> together and put together such a book.

Hi Pete-
I agree totally. In fact, that's a project I've been working on. I've got a
stacks of original manuals and related materials for reference. Even set up a
yahoo groups (DMCTech) as a clearinghouse for info. What I haven't had a lot
of is time. This week I'm averaging 2 -3 hours sleep a night. Doesn't leave
much time for my hobby. All the vendors but one have been generally
supportive. If anyone would like to give me a hand with this, I do have work
that needs to be done that others could begin. Another holdup- at Marc
Levy's suggestion, I'm trying to put as much as possible in Adobe format, but
I have yet to master it. I'm also not terribly satisfied with my results
from scanninng in material. * * Sigh. * But I'm very persistent. Anybody out
there with some time to help me get this rolling?

Wayne A. Ernst
DMCTech Group