Re: 3rd brake light

One thing I would like to add, there should be installed at the point
you tap off for the new light an in-line fuse. The wires going to the
3rd brake light must pass some tight places and sharp edges. With a
fuse installed if the wiring to the 3rd light should ever get grounded
at least you still have the origional stop lights. BTW I attached the
ground wire to one of the screws behind the trim for the "T" roof so I
only ran 1 wire back to the right rear tail light. I used a small (5
amp) fuse, It is more than the light needs but will certainly blow if
there is ever a problem. A putty knife is a slick way to tuck the wire
into the joints so it is hidden.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl@xxxx> wrote:
> > Has anyone mounted a LED 3rd brake light? Are they any good? Was
going to
> > order one from JC Whitney catalog.
>
> Actually the small JC Whitney LED ones work great. Order two, and
mount
> them under the top louver, one on each side of the rib, with the
double
> sided tape that should come with them. Connect the wires together,
then
> leave a loop and run them forward between the sheet metal of the
T-panel and
> the plastic piece that is below the back edge of it. Then run a
wire to
> either 1/4 panel and down through the hollow space at the top edge
of it to
> the back corner, then down behind the panel to the tail light.
Remove the
> light, figure out which wires are the brake light and ground (black)
and