Re: [DML] How to add a fuel pressure monitor

Re: [DML] How to add a fuel pressure monitor

Pete,

That is a great article you wrote on adding a fuel pressure gauge to the
DeLorean. I have been pondering how to do it to my own car for a few months
now. There are some things that I plan on doing differently. For starters,
I think it is a bad idea to use an electronic sending unit. Sure, it gives
the advantage of being able to install a gauge in the cockpit, but this is
really unnecessary. I'm planning on installing a liquid filled mechanical
gauge in the engine compartment. If or when I really need to know the fuel
pressure, I can just look in the engine compartment. I don't need to know
the pressure while driving. Summitracing.com has a decent one in their
catalogue that should do nicely.

I had the same idea that you did about double-stacking banjo fittings. I
was wondering where I could find a double-stacking 8mm bolt. I figured that
I might need to custom make one. I'm glad you found a source.

Do you think that there is an advantage by tapping off of the fuel
distributor rather than on the side of the control pressure regulator? They
both look to be about the same distance from mounting it to the firewall.

I think there is a market for putting together such a kit to save people the
trouble of hunting down all the weird fittings. What do you think?

Walt Tampa, FL