RE: [DML] RE: door openers

Darryl,

I would like to buy one of your door opener kits without the control unit.
I will be setting them up to work with an auxiliary circuit on my alarm
controller.

Several years ago, I had a door lock solenoid go bad. I replaced both
solenoids with actuators. The stock solenoids used three wires (ground,
open, and close) and the actuators operate by reversing the polarity on only
two wires so I had to set up a simple relay circuit. The actuators have
worked flawlessly, and since the door lock pulse unit is only driving small
relays, it should also last forever.

While I had the doors apart I also installed door openers.

Unfortunately, I used solenoids. They do work, and everyone is impressed,
but if my battery gets even slightly depleted, the solenoids (which require
a lot of power) do not reliably unlatch the doors. My doors are aligned
perfectly. I can use my little finger to pull the handle up half way, and
the doors unlatch and open smoothly and fully. I could run larger wires to
the solenoids, or try different solenoids but I think your actuator solution
would be much easier. I'm not at all concerned about their reliability
since actuators are so widely used in the auto industry, and yours are the
best the DeLorean experts have seen.

Gary (at) IN2TIME.com
www.IN2TIME.com