any NJ DMC owners?

I live in Manahawkin, NJ ... I don't have a
DeLorean...yet.

I was interested in meeting some local DMC owners or
talking to them on AIM or Yahoo and getting to know
more about the car, its idiosyncrasies and how to go
about making a wise purchase decision when I go to
finally buy one.

So far, of particular interest to me about these cars
is the reliability issue with the door openers and
window openers and the debate over actuators and
solenoids....also, the quality of the car's electrical
system (I do a lot of electrical work and I wondered
how much rebuilding and reinforcing I'll be doing),
the engine's weaknesses

I wondered about the electrical "strength" of the car.
I would like to know if one of the Optima batteries
will fit in the car? I know there is a alternator
upgrade. Is the ground for the engine and electrical
system the x-frame?

The other major concern of mine are the door
adjustments. I don't want to kill myself in the
process, and I'd like to look at some local cars to
see what's involved and what to "tweak" for.

Thanks for any and all help.

For the time being and continued future, I drive a 87
Buick Turbo Regal :) Wonder if I could get a DeLorean
to have the power capability to run 12s? ;)

=====
Dan G.
87 Turbo Regal
http://entremedia.iwarp.com